7 Eleven - Lack of Social Skill

22 of 142 7 Eleven reviews

As I visit Virginia Beach on a regular basis, I often visit the 7-11, which has a number of stores in the area.On Sunday the 14th I selected the 7-11 store on 300 22nd street in the morning.

I had been there before and found the store convenient and well stocked, with friendly personnel willing to assist. This time however, after leaving and driving on 22nd street to return to our motel, I took a small sip from my coffee cup to discover that it was very bitter, poorly brewed, and contained a substantial amount of coffee grounds. Upset at such a blatant disregard for customer satisfaction, I held on to the cup and returned as soon as I could, which was later that afternoon. I did not complain openly, but only brought the full cup back, politely requesting another cup, and accepting the possibility that a mistake simply occurred.

A person I later learned was a "manager" received me in a very unprofessional manner, even saying that I was "only trying to get another cup" and that HER coffee would "never be bad". I do regret my response, for I only lowered myself to her level, as I responded by saying that it was "most certainly bad" and judging from her lack of social skill and defensiveness, I was correct. I left by saying that I would not be back, and she only mumbled something I could not understand but probably would not care to hear.

I had never expected a manager to display such a lack of skill and concern, and after asking a friend who goes there about the quality of service, I was told that she was "probably" THE manager.Hopefully, this report will help prevent a repeat of an experience of this type for anyone that might go there.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Reason of review:
Poor customer service
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Monetary loss:
Product or service
7 Eleven Staff
Review category
Supermarkets and Malls
review #901115

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with 7 Eleven? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
22 of 142 7 Eleven reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.